Pages

Intertextuality within my video



In my previous post on textuality, I have shown example son how it has been used successfully within music videos countless times. When creating the look for my main character of my music video my main reference point was FX horror anthology television series American Horror Story. 

The character Tate has a very grunge-like appearance, appropriate to a teenager in the early 1990s. Like his musical idol Kurt Cobain, his disposition is primarily solemn and weary. This is the impression I wanted my character to give, by using this as inspiration and making a nod to the brilliance of the character I should achieve the solemn feel I wish to create. 

Within the gif below the character Tate is shown to be walking down a hallway with other students clearly scared of him and his appearance. 






By showing Ollie walking down a hallway and seeing people's reactions to him I am creating an image that I want the audience to decode. By presenting him as a bad/intimidating character the audience will view him this way too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment