Pages

Colour correction, filters and colour popping experimentation

I have decided to use a still of Ollie to see how a change in colour will affect the mood of the shots. I have done so using an app called 'VSCO Cam' which is a photo editing app designed for iPhone and iPod. I allows me to apply preset filters and also adjust settings such as contrast, exposure, fade, highlights, shadows, colour tints and more.

 The original image


Filter HB2 applied


Filter SE1 applied, contrast +4 

Shadows tint blue +12 













Preset filter B1 applied, contrast +2, exposure -1, shadows tint blue +9




Preset filter B1 applied, contrast +2, exposure -1














My favourite outcome of these filters is the use of black and white as I feel it is the most dramatic and gives Ollie a more convincing appearance of a skull.


Colour Popping

Seeing as a large majority of the video may be in black and white, I may like some colours to be shown at times to give greater impact. For example, when the cards are being shown, the colour red would make the suit and number of card stand out more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment